- Students withdrawing before the third class meeting will receive a refund on tuition, less a $5 processing fee.
- No refunds will be given after the third night of class has begun.
- A full refund will be given for any course canceled by Mid-America Technology Center.
- Refunds due to cancellations or withdrawal by the student will be processed through our Accounting Department and mailed to the individual or business within approximately 14 business days..
- THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS ON TEXTBOOKS.
Full-Time Courses Refund Policy
- Students who withdraw on or before the 1st day of class through the 15th day of the period in which they were charged are eligible for a 100% refund of tuition only.
- After the 15th day of the period in which they were charged, NO refund will be issued.
- The nonattendance of classes does not constitute official withdrawal. The student must complete an official withdrawal form in order to be eligible for a refund.
- A refund request will not be approved unless all financial obligations to the technology center have been met.
Note: Fees, books, supplies, and uniforms are non-refundable.
Federal Financial Aid Refund Policy
In addition to MATC’s refund policy, students receiving Title IV Federal Financial Aid are subject to the following: The institution must determine the amount of federal financial aid to return based on a pro-rata basis. If the student withdraws before completing more than 60% of the payment period, the student must return unearned funds (see the financial aid office for detailed calculations). The student will be billed for any unearned funds including the amount of institutional charges (tuition, fees, books, supplies) the school had to return on the student’s behalf.